Thrust into the spotlight for no reason in a world that hates and fears them. Some look up to them as gods while others consider them failed biological experiments that need to be wiped off the planet.
The younger generation flock to them while the older generation has their heroes, the same many times as what the new generations have adopted. All believe the others are wrong.
Fights break out among people seemingly on the same side for reasons you can only grasp if you’ve been following for months.
Whatever the case, I realized tonight for the first time that the E! network and my comic books have a lot more in common than I’d like to believe.
Celebrity gossip shows are… live-ish fanfic about real people presented more or less in the style of superhero comics.
- Keeping up with the Kardashians is The Legion of Superheroes
- The Soup is The Watcher
- The Shahs of Sunset is anything by Fred Hembeck
- Total Divas appropriately is the WWE comic about the Divas
- Rich Kids of Beverly Hills is Veronica and friends from Archie
- Kourtney & Kim Take Miami was an ill conceived Marvel Team Up
- Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons – yet another ill conceived Team Up
- I Am Cait I believe is Captain Marvel, although that takes some explaining
- The Comment Section is two nerds arguing about the Hulk’s strength limit
- WAGS is the people who own the movie rights to The Fantastic Four
- Botched is most super-deformed manga
I realize when the wife starts watching that she’s just getting the newest issue of whatever comic story arch it is.
I did not realize until now there’s celebranerdom…. it’s like a light has popped on. Or an exclamation mark popped up and an E slapped next to it.