We got ABC Mouse so that Maggie (4.5) could have something to play with that didn’t involve listening to the Finger Family Song in Russian, or pressing a button and hearing a badly recorded baby cry.
It’s been the biggest headache I’ve had so far.
We’ll start with the iPad 2 which I initially installed it on. This iPad is evidently too old and slow to do things in a normal timeframe, but still it should get there eventually.
I gave up on trying to get it working when Maggie would harumph when it was suggested we play ABC Mouse on it.
We’d get to a screen that looked like it was loading and then just never do anything.
We installed it on the Amazon Fire Kids Edition Tablet. It worked for a little while and then the screen started flashing. The only fix seemed to be to reboot the tablet. Not sure what was up with that. I believe there have been updates since then.
So I installed it on a Nexus 9 and… well, I didn’t really expect that to work out very well to begin with. It didn’t. This one was not unexpected though.
So I installed it on a rando Android tablet I have and it worked but I have no case for that tablet.
So I traded a bunch of tech stuff I review and got an iPad 4 and bam. Finally after multiple devices I have something I can run it on.
Now I have a device that runs it well and Maggie no longer has any interest in it… FML…
Try again next week.